I'm trying to identify a 70s (I think) young adult sci-fi novel. The protagonist is a peasant in a culture established offworld. The culture has sunk to a basic agricultural level. The planet they are on doesn't have the required raw materials for tool use. His community is forced to pay a levy to The City (or something). Despite warnings to the contrary he travels there to confront the regime - and find out the truth.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment