I am trying to find a story that I read as a teenager in the 80s about a girl who lives on the Moon and is running a company which requires her to do a lot of Maths with her boyfriend (who calls her "decimal point"). Also, there is a hangar on the Moon which you can go to, rent some wings, and fly like a bird. The girl hates her one trip to earth because she weighs a tonne and there are lots of bugs, which she is not used to. As a result, she spends most of her time sitting in the bath and is very glad to get back to the Moon. I think the author was a woman and have tried searching on-line, but cannot find this story again. Please help.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment