This is sort of an analytical question. Having seen Rogue One, I re-watched some of the scenes from A New Hope, including the two scenes above and analyzing the dialogue, the answer seems to be "no." Tarkin once says he believes that it is time to test the station's full destructive power, not its destructive power. Note: I didn't have the whole film on me, so I might have missed some key lines.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment