Skip to main content

story identification - Anime about boy & summoning monsters


I probably watched the anime anywhere from 6 to 10 years ago, it's hard to recall, from what I remember it was about a boy, probably anywhere from 14 years of age to older, had shorter to medium spikey hair, not as outlandishly spikey as vegetas, but more semi realistic, I'm not to sure on the hair color, I cant recall. I remember he was very serious all the time, the show in general was very serious, no comedy like other card game shows such as yu-gi-oh, I'm pretty sure it was the intention of the creators to make a serious anime to this genre as the market was flooded with light hearted silly card based animes at the time. I remember the boys eyes were serious looking, and smaller more realistic anime eyes, like those of the characters in Attack on Titan, and not the stereotypical cartoony anime eyes like those seen in Yu-Gi-Oh.


The boy gets transported to another world. In this new world he's transported to he is controlling real life monsters in battles, most are creature based like dragons and such, but I recall maybe he had a humanoid monster he would summon, that's what made him special, he was the only one or one of few that had humanoid summons. I'm not entirely sure if there was a card game involved at all but I thought that's how I originally found the anime is by looking for a card game type anime on the internet to watch. I remember starting to watch it thinking it was going to be another silly light-hearted card game type anime for kids, but being surprised that there was a much deeper and satisfying story and set of characters, I couldn't stop watching the show until I had finished it completely, he may have not used cards at all, I just remember he would always use his hands to summon monsters, like they were important or the monsters came out of his hands or something, I cant remember if it was because he was summoning them somehow with cards or other device or maybe just with his hands themselves.


Regardless the boy is now in this new world battling with these monsters, he may still be using cards in this new world to summon these monsters, I can't remember, and he gets mixed up in a war or conflict in this new world, there is a girl, I can't recall if she is a princess but I believe they end up falling in love, or at least he develops strong feelings for her. I remember the ending of the series pretty well, the boy ends up defeating the opposing army or series villain who the people he is helping are fighting against, and after maybe a heartfelt goodbye to the girl he developed feelings for, he is transported back to his own world. He is last seen in his own world on top of a building, possibly a skyscraper, or maybe even just a grassy hill, but pretty sure it was a metal building, I can't remember if he was in a wheel chair or not, with the wind blowing and possibly one of those huge metal wind turbines spinning in the background somewhere, and him swearing he'd make it back to that other world somehow to that girl, or at the very least he was thinking of her as they showed us she was also thinking of him.


The series wasn't too long if I recall, it may not have been more than 24 or so episodes, I really don't remember, it may have been closer to 54. I remember I watched it online and it was subtitled, to my knowledge I'm not sure if it has ever had an English release or dub.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

languages - Do we ever see written English in the Star Wars films?

In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.

Was the "pure soul" of Harry's what had really hurt Voldemort?

In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...

star wars - What "exactly" happens when someone turns to the Dark Side?

When I saw the original Star Wars saga as a kid, the concept of the Dark Side imprinted in me was quite simple. You did a bad thing, so you're a bad person so you go to the Dark Side and keep doing bad things. Now, obviously this doesn't hold true in reality. In my mind it is perfectly reasonable for Luke to kill the Emperor and Vader and then just flee the Death Star and rejoin the Alliance. After all they are at war, those are enemy officers that have captured him and are taunting him by threatening with death of all loved ones and the whole operation was intended to kill the Emperor anyway. The same would hold true for Anakin. He could have killed Mace Windu to save the Chancellor and Padme but that doesn't mean he's going to then go mad and kill all Jedis including children. It doesn't add up from a merely psychological point of view. He had a set of objectives and that made him want to keep the Chancellor alive (quite valid by the way, Mace Windu is quite clums...

star trek - Warning regarding forward saucer section in Nemesis?

In Star Trek: Nemesis , just before the Enterprise rams into the Scimitar, Picard sends a text message from his captain's chair arm pad to Troi — who is manning the helm in lieu of the crewman who was just blown out through what was once the view screen — indicating that she should put full impulse on standby. (Literally, if you watch the scene closely, Troi's console prefaces the order with "TXT MSG" !) My question is: Did Picard also somehow warn crew members in the forward saucer section about what was about to happen? The ramming of the Scimitar was a heat of the moment decision. Considering that he also resorted to calling the auto-destruct sequence shortly after (which ended up being offline), he probably was of the mindset that any losses would be acceptable in order to hault Shinzon's march to Earth. Still, I'm curious. Answer The original script indicates that he called for the crew to " brace for impact ". Whether that call (or the comma...