I was watching the scene in Deathly Hallows where Griphook takes Harry et al into the Lestranges' vault at Gringotts so Harry can retrieve the Hufflepuff cup Horcrux, and I got to wondering how Snape managed to get into Gringotts while carrying a weapon (it was a replica of the Sword of Gryffindor, I know, but it was nearly flawless) and get all the way down to the Lestranges' vault without assistance. Even taking the Imperius Curse into consideration, how did Snape know where to go or how to operate the Gringotts carts that access the vaults? Has J.K. Rowling addressed this anywhere, or is it mentioned in canon? Obviously, the Lestranges wouldn't have assisted Snape in swapping out the two swords. Is it likely Snape would have been able to pull the caper off alone?
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment