Looking for the name of a book series I read in middle school, 2001-2004 roughly. All I can remember about it was that there were a handful of teenagers who somehow ended up on an alien planet that they eventually found out to be a ship. They have to fight for survival against multiple different enemies, I think one of the kids could communicate with part of the ship telepathically. Some of the aliens were either blue or I think even transparent. There really isn't too much to work off of, but I figured someone might know what it is.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment