Iluvitar made 2 classes of spirit beings to sing the songs of creation. The higher class (more powerful) are the Valar who are 15 in number, the lower class (less powerful) are the Maiar. I can find the names of about 15 or so Maia but the stories seem to indicate there are many more than just 15 of them. How many Maiar did Iluvitar make? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment