Very many years ago (I think around the late 1950s) I read a very short story (about 4 pages) about computers at a time when they were in their infancy. The story started in the past but then went forward explaining how computers would become more and more centralized. Firstly in towns/cities, then counties, then countries, then continents, then one large computer for the world. When this became too small a larger one was created on the moon and later a bigger one in space which everyone could access. Subsequently the sun cooled, life on earth died and the computer gravitated to the nearest shining sun. When this sun cooled it made its way to the next sun, etc., etc. Finally the computer ended up at the last shining star in the universe which was also dying. But there were other similar computers orbiting the sun. As this died the computers did the only thing left. Together they "said" "let there be light" and there was light. So, who wrote it? (It was not The Last Question by Asimov) Was it called Let There Be Light? How can I get a copy?
In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...
Comments
Post a Comment