Media use bee-like paparazzi cameras, one character works at a consumer research firm that uses virtual reality Matrix-style plugging into people’s heads to survey their opinions on products; this character is younger (or small), maybe named Tag? Trig? Trip? He lives in a group-home type of situation where everyone pitches in some money/currency into a box in the house (like a coin box). Some random guy on the roof in a garden shed who has special powers, can’t touch or be touched, something like that. I think the book has a key event at a ball game or stadium involving the guy from the roof? Book may or may not also have nano-viruses in the world where cities are shielded from particular nano-viruses (I might be mixing this up with something else)
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment