Looking for a short story I read in the 1960s, about spacemen/astronauts who land on a living planet. Upon exiting the ship they find beautiful foliage, grasslands, water. A perfect unspoiled ecology. They find that the planet allows them to fly and supplies all their needs. However, when the astronauts begin to dig, collect minerals and otherwise damage the ecology, the planet begins to transform itself. The astronauts blast off leaving a lone astronaut on the surface.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment