Recently, a short story I read in high school, has been on my mind. I do not know what is the name of it. It has been about 6 years since I read it. Here is what I remember about it. An alien race makes itself known to planet Earth. The aliens have created a game (I don't remember if it's a board game or a puzzle game) and they challenge the humans. The world leaders gather all the smartest people to be the team representing planet Earth. If the humans lose, they will either become their slaves or they get killed (I don't remember). That's about as much as I remember.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment