At least thirty or forty years ago I read a short story in an anthology of science fiction. The story was about a man in a bazaar/market on some far-flung planet. He buys a rug/carpet. In the course of the story, the man lies on the rug and falls asleep. He finds himself in a deadly world/dimension. If I remember correctly, the grass in this world was either vampiric or acidic. Everything was deadly. He wakes up just in time to save himself from death. Does anyone recall the title and author of such a story? I believe that the protagonist portrayed by the author in other stories as well.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment