Skip to main content

star wars - Is there any evidence to suggest that Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen were killed by Boba Fett and not the Storm Troopers?


There's a fan theory that it was possibly Boba Fett who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru in A New Hope, instead of Storm Troopers, as Obi-Wan thought).


This is a big jump (that Obi Wan was wrong) — but listen to the reasons in favour of this idea:



  • Boba Fett was reasonably close by at Mos Eisley with Jabba (according to Canon)

  • Vader was clearly frustrated at how slow his men were going, and in The Empire Strikes Back we see the Empire resort to using Bounty Hunters to solve a problem.


  • Storm Troopers have no reason to cover up the murdering of Jawas by making it look like Sand People attacked. Whereas a Bounty hunter would want to prevent other Bounty hunters from grabbing his prize.


  • In The Empire Strikes Back, Vader reprimands Boba Fett saying



    I want them alive - no disintegrations!



    This seems to be a hint that Boba Fett got it wrong last time.



  • Who else have we seen disintegrated? The Jawas, Owen and Beru.

  • Disintegration wouldn't happen by blaster fire or even a Lightsaber. It would take more, it would take burning the bodies.


  • We know Fett has a weapon on his arm to easily burn a victim of his choosing.


My question is: Is there any evidence to suggest that Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen were killed by Boba Fett and not the Storm Troopers?



Answer



This theory has now been debunked in new Disney canon ("From a Certain Point of View" short story collection, "Added Muscle" by Paul Dini).




  • We find out who Fett "disintegrated" where Vader was concerned, and it was not Aunt Beru and Owen Lars - it was three rebels on Coruscant.



    ... I picked up trooper buzz that Vader was looking for a couple of runaway droids. Figured I’d collect the bounty and square myself with the headman at the same time. He’s still got a mad on over those rebel spies I crisped on Coruscant. Idiots came at me with ion disruptors. What, they thought I wouldn’t carry a weapon accelerator? Flash, boom, three tiny ash piles. Tried to collect and Lord “No Disintegrations!” refused to pay without bodies. My word’s not good enough, apparently.






  • Additionally, he's directly confirmed to NOT have been who killed Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen; as Fett found their bodies:



    ... I picked up trooper buzz that Vader was looking for a couple of runaway droids. Figured I’d collect the bounty ... Reckoned I’d make up the loss by finding his droids and holding out for twice the reward.


    No go on that. Trailed one until its footprints were wiped out by a Jawa sandcrawler. Followed those treads a way until I found someone had wiped out the Jawas, too. “Someone” meaning amateurs trying to fake a Tusken raid. Probably stormtroopers, judging by the random blast shots. Some might call them precise. Me, I say they can’t hit the butt end of a bantha. At least they had brains enough to take out everyone who had seen the droids. Hard luck on the sizzled hicks I found at that torched moisture farm.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was the "pure soul" of Harry's what had really hurt Voldemort?

In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...

languages - Do we ever see written English in the Star Wars films?

In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.

star wars - What "exactly" happens when someone turns to the Dark Side?

When I saw the original Star Wars saga as a kid, the concept of the Dark Side imprinted in me was quite simple. You did a bad thing, so you're a bad person so you go to the Dark Side and keep doing bad things. Now, obviously this doesn't hold true in reality. In my mind it is perfectly reasonable for Luke to kill the Emperor and Vader and then just flee the Death Star and rejoin the Alliance. After all they are at war, those are enemy officers that have captured him and are taunting him by threatening with death of all loved ones and the whole operation was intended to kill the Emperor anyway. The same would hold true for Anakin. He could have killed Mace Windu to save the Chancellor and Padme but that doesn't mean he's going to then go mad and kill all Jedis including children. It doesn't add up from a merely psychological point of view. He had a set of objectives and that made him want to keep the Chancellor alive (quite valid by the way, Mace Windu is quite clums...

star trek - Warning regarding forward saucer section in Nemesis?

In Star Trek: Nemesis , just before the Enterprise rams into the Scimitar, Picard sends a text message from his captain's chair arm pad to Troi — who is manning the helm in lieu of the crewman who was just blown out through what was once the view screen — indicating that she should put full impulse on standby. (Literally, if you watch the scene closely, Troi's console prefaces the order with "TXT MSG" !) My question is: Did Picard also somehow warn crew members in the forward saucer section about what was about to happen? The ramming of the Scimitar was a heat of the moment decision. Considering that he also resorted to calling the auto-destruct sequence shortly after (which ended up being offline), he probably was of the mindset that any losses would be acceptable in order to hault Shinzon's march to Earth. Still, I'm curious. Answer The original script indicates that he called for the crew to " brace for impact ". Whether that call (or the comma...