A piece I was reading on just war brought to mind a plot of a sci-fi show (I believe it was a show, e.g., Star Trek, rather than a movie or book). In this storyline, opposing warring parties would kill a certain number of their opponents troops (and maybe civilians?) based on calculations (possibly a war game scenario) in an antiseptic environment (i.e., the killing was never seen). I believe that the resolution came when the warring leaders were forced to confront each other physically. Can anyone help me nail this show down? Thanks in advance.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment