The resistance is attacks the Starkiller Base with what appears to be pretty small time ammunition even by modern earth missiles, which requires a long running sequence of repeated flybys. The objective, IIRC was to destroy a critical piece of machinery on the surface which would then destabilize the entire planet/weapon (feel free to correct in edit if I remember incorrectly). OK cool, but then why the force wouldn't they just drop a nuclear bomb on it? Have nuclear weapons been used any other time in Star Wars (including EU), or, like smart phones, have they just not been invented in that world?
In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...
Comments
Post a Comment