In the book, World War Z, there are large herds of zombies walking across the floors of the oceans. How is that possible with that extreme pressure and the plethora of creepy-crawly ocean dwelling life eating away at them? The human body would literally come apart at that depth. And before someone says, "Decomposition slows down dramatically in that cold darkness", I would agree, but only if left completely still and protected from sea-life. The pressure would make the cells of the body literally fall apart if slight disturbed...let alone walking around while millions of ocean-going creatures are eating away at them.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment