This was a short story I read in the 80's but I think it was written earlier than this. It was about a man who was hit by a bus and thrown through a shop window. When he became aware he was in the future. A future where interactive games had become so addictive that society was in collapse, people not working, litter everywhere and buildings decaying. Also, to keep prisoners compliant they were plugged into top of the range virtual worlds via direct neural interface. The main character is judged as insane as he tells them about his time travel and the story ends with him plugged into a virtual Wild West scenario as a cowboy.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment