It just occurred to me that hardly anyone in any of the series is married! What's up with that? O'Brien is married, Dr Crusher and Cpt Sisko are widowed, Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres get married - those are the only examples I can think of. Other than the characters listed, and not counting marriages that take place after the time of the respective series (Crusher and Picard) or alternate reality stories (Troi and Worf), are any recurring characters in any of the series married?
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment