I read this book as a kid in the 80s at school. Its about a dystopian country where the protagonist lives in a dirty city environment (there are no longer books as they are deemed unsanitary because germs collect in them). Somehow the boy crosses into a pseudo-aristocratic countryside where there is hunting etc. and people live in a kind of stately home-esque life of Reilly (or do they?). I remember it having a sinister side but can't remember how and I think he falls in love with a girl there. Can you help me identify this book?
In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...
Comments
Post a Comment