Skip to main content

dc - Could Green Lantern: The Animated Series be considered part of the DCAU?


I've been on a DCAU kick for a while (recently my local Wal-mart had a large stock of most of the seasons of the different shows), and while I was looking up a few things about the DCAU, I began wondering about some of the possible tangential shows. I know most people don't consider shows like Teen Titans to be part of the DCAU (I somewhat believe TT is or could be made to fit), but what about the more recent Green Lantern animated series? It has art styles similar to the old DCAU shows, albeit in a CGI form. It appears to have similar tones and structure as well. I haven't watched much of it, but the only thing I can see that possibly holds it back is that it centers around Hal Jordan. In Superman: The Animated Series, we see that Kyle Rayner is chosen to be a new Lantern after Abin Sur's death and John Stewart is apparently brought in to protect this sector while Kyle is being trained. While this leads one to believe that Hal couldn't be the Green Lantern and the show might not fit because of this, is there any way it could fit? I'm genuinely curious as to whether or not I should try to add the series to my personal Chronology of the DCAU (and buy the DVDs to add it to my Wall-of-Nerdness).



For Reference, here is the typical accepted Chronology of the DCAU



  • Batman: The Animated Series Seasons 1 and 2

  • Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm

  • Batman: The Animated Series Season 3

  • Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero

  • Superman: The Animated Series

  • The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest

  • The New Batman Adventures

  • Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman


  • Static Shock

  • Justice League

  • Justice League Unlimited

  • Batman Beyond

  • Zeta Project

  • Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker


I haven't watched much of the Green Lantern series (only about two episodes somewhere in the middle of the season), so I don't know if it contradicts the established continuity. If it doesn't, is there any place in the timeline that it would fit? Perhaps between JLU and Batman Beyond?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

languages - Do we ever see written English in the Star Wars films?

In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.

Was the "pure soul" of Harry's what had really hurt Voldemort?

In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...

star wars - What "exactly" happens when someone turns to the Dark Side?

When I saw the original Star Wars saga as a kid, the concept of the Dark Side imprinted in me was quite simple. You did a bad thing, so you're a bad person so you go to the Dark Side and keep doing bad things. Now, obviously this doesn't hold true in reality. In my mind it is perfectly reasonable for Luke to kill the Emperor and Vader and then just flee the Death Star and rejoin the Alliance. After all they are at war, those are enemy officers that have captured him and are taunting him by threatening with death of all loved ones and the whole operation was intended to kill the Emperor anyway. The same would hold true for Anakin. He could have killed Mace Windu to save the Chancellor and Padme but that doesn't mean he's going to then go mad and kill all Jedis including children. It doesn't add up from a merely psychological point of view. He had a set of objectives and that made him want to keep the Chancellor alive (quite valid by the way, Mace Windu is quite clums...

star trek - Warning regarding forward saucer section in Nemesis?

In Star Trek: Nemesis , just before the Enterprise rams into the Scimitar, Picard sends a text message from his captain's chair arm pad to Troi — who is manning the helm in lieu of the crewman who was just blown out through what was once the view screen — indicating that she should put full impulse on standby. (Literally, if you watch the scene closely, Troi's console prefaces the order with "TXT MSG" !) My question is: Did Picard also somehow warn crew members in the forward saucer section about what was about to happen? The ramming of the Scimitar was a heat of the moment decision. Considering that he also resorted to calling the auto-destruct sequence shortly after (which ended up being offline), he probably was of the mindset that any losses would be acceptable in order to hault Shinzon's march to Earth. Still, I'm curious. Answer The original script indicates that he called for the crew to " brace for impact ". Whether that call (or the comma...