I remember in school reading some stories, but I don't remember the name of them. The first story is like a goosebumps story. The setting is Highschool, and it took place in a modern setting (modern at the time the story was written). I remember that the characters felt one of the girls in Highschool was extremely superficial because she always had to apply her make-up on every so often. At some point in the story they end up in a black-and-white world made up of a handful of highschool students who in turn are black-and-white themselves (Imagine the world looking like a black-and-white photo and that's what it looked like). Anything exposed to the world would slowly turn gray. They used lipstick to get back to their world (because the cap on the lipstick prevented it from turning gray and it allowed them to return back to their own world). While in the world they learn that the girl they thought was superficial was in fact one of the highschool students who ended up in the black-and-white world and she continues to apply make-up to cover up her now gray skin. The characters make it in time to get their class photo taken, but the guy taken the photo is in fact the guy who used his magical camera before to send the characters to the black-and-white world, and they get sent back to that world. That's all I remember about the book, I remember being short and I think it was less than 200 pages long.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment