I am trying to find a book I read a long time ago. This girl was raised with no emotions and trained to explore this new planet. The planet was poisonous to humans. She was sent to it with a doctor and right before she left a girl preparing her for the voyage removed the chip that depressed her emotions. She felt badly the girl would never feel any emotions. Then this girl ends up on a killer planet to explore for human inhabitation and falls in love with the doctor. It's been 13 years and I did enjoy this book so would like to find it again. I swear it was biosphere or something...
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment