Skip to main content

marvel - Where was Stan Lee's cameo in Deadpool 2?


There are two places where it could have been but it was so quick I didn't really see it.





  • When going through the X-men mansion some older faces can be seen hiding from Wade before they shut the door. He could have been amongst the crowd.




  • I have a feeling I saw his face painted on the side of a building but it was artsy and only shown for a moment so again I'm not sure if it was him or not.




Where was Stan Lee's cameo?




On a side note I know about the cameo from the teaser trailer but I thought there was one in the film too.




Answer



According to Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writers for Deadpool 2, there was a bust in the X-Mansion of Stan Lee that get's knocked over. They also mention the cameo he did in the trailer. As well as those two Reese alludes to his face being in there somewhere which is no doubt a reference to the painting on the side of the building.



There's no Stan Lee cameo this time around. Did you consider one?


Wernick: I think there's a painting of Stan in the [X-]Mansion, is there not Rhett?


Reese: I think there was a bust of a statue that gets knocked over, was that his head?


Wernick: It was...


Reese: I don't know if you can make it out ... He had just had cameo'd for is in the short that we did where Deadpool is in a telephone booth … So Stan did cameo for us in that. I'm not sure why it didn't work out this time. But we did try to at least make a nod to him. I know his face is in there somewhere.


The Hollywood Reporter, How 'Deadpool 2' Writers Snuck Heart Into the Raunchy Franchise




I have yet to watch the film back but according to this reddit post this is the bust/statue:


Stan Lee bust


Of course as I mention in my question and is answered by @Doctor 333 we also see a portrait of Stan Lee's face on the side of a building as Domino is parachuting down to the convoy.



According to social buzz, there is another super-short cameo of Lee in Deadpool 2 that fans should be able to spot. In the latter-half of the film, the mouthy Marvel legend leads his X-Force team into a plane jump. When Domino is seen landing, she touches down outside a mural which features a giant image of Lee’s face. So, fans will want to keep an eye out for that.


Comicbook, ‘Deadpool 2’ Writers Reveal Stan Lee’s Cameo



Stan Lee side of wall painting


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

languages - Do we ever see written English in the Star Wars films?

In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.

Was the "pure soul" of Harry's what had really hurt Voldemort?

In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...

star wars - What "exactly" happens when someone turns to the Dark Side?

When I saw the original Star Wars saga as a kid, the concept of the Dark Side imprinted in me was quite simple. You did a bad thing, so you're a bad person so you go to the Dark Side and keep doing bad things. Now, obviously this doesn't hold true in reality. In my mind it is perfectly reasonable for Luke to kill the Emperor and Vader and then just flee the Death Star and rejoin the Alliance. After all they are at war, those are enemy officers that have captured him and are taunting him by threatening with death of all loved ones and the whole operation was intended to kill the Emperor anyway. The same would hold true for Anakin. He could have killed Mace Windu to save the Chancellor and Padme but that doesn't mean he's going to then go mad and kill all Jedis including children. It doesn't add up from a merely psychological point of view. He had a set of objectives and that made him want to keep the Chancellor alive (quite valid by the way, Mace Windu is quite clums...

star trek - Warning regarding forward saucer section in Nemesis?

In Star Trek: Nemesis , just before the Enterprise rams into the Scimitar, Picard sends a text message from his captain's chair arm pad to Troi — who is manning the helm in lieu of the crewman who was just blown out through what was once the view screen — indicating that she should put full impulse on standby. (Literally, if you watch the scene closely, Troi's console prefaces the order with "TXT MSG" !) My question is: Did Picard also somehow warn crew members in the forward saucer section about what was about to happen? The ramming of the Scimitar was a heat of the moment decision. Considering that he also resorted to calling the auto-destruct sequence shortly after (which ended up being offline), he probably was of the mindset that any losses would be acceptable in order to hault Shinzon's march to Earth. Still, I'm curious. Answer The original script indicates that he called for the crew to " brace for impact ". Whether that call (or the comma...