I'm trying to remember the title of book. It's about a girl, who as the title implies, is resurrected by nanobot technology. This is illegal, as using too much of it takes up "points", and she's using too much. Her father is the inventor of this technology. She feels detached from her previous identity and most of the book is her struggle with existential questions. There was also interludes in poetic format showing the final moments of the girl after the accident that caused it all. I think the girl had "Fox" in her name, and the book had a title format of "The __ of (protagonist name)."
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment