I read a book, probably in the late 80s or early 90s, that had several elements. I remember enjoying the book then (it wasn't great art, but it was entertaining), but can't identify it now. The elements I remember was that there was a project called Trillium; there were two or three missiles with horrendous weapons that I believe were telekinetic and I think had American Indian names; the protagonist may have been a rock musician and also had some kind of psychic power. Any idea of the book name and author?
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment