I read this series of books in the 90s. One book focused on a dome that held a technological society that would put information in their heads using microchips. They were bald and unfit as information was the main part of this society. The society was also hierarchical and they had servants. There was some resistance and underground rebellion that the main character, a boy, ended up joining. The other book I read featured a dome where the societies had psychic abilities except the main protagonist,a girl who seemed not to have psychic abilities. They put her in a black room with no 'noise' and seems to 'hear' something from far away. She and some others set off to find this signal that turns out to be coming from the technological dome.
In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...
Comments
Post a Comment