I read this series of books in the 90s. One book focused on a dome that held a technological society that would put information in their heads using microchips. They were bald and unfit as information was the main part of this society. The society was also hierarchical and they had servants. There was some resistance and underground rebellion that the main character, a boy, ended up joining. The other book I read featured a dome where the societies had psychic abilities except the main protagonist,a girl who seemed not to have psychic abilities. They put her in a black room with no 'noise' and seems to 'hear' something from far away. She and some others set off to find this signal that turns out to be coming from the technological dome.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment