Skip to main content

Is there an "official"-ish complete chronological order for Star Wars C-canon material (books+comics+games)?


I'm looking for a chronological order of ALL of Star Wars books, comics and games (a.k.a. C-canon).


Ideally, I'm looking for an "official" list which includes all the recent works (e.g. something that will keep getting updated in the future as new ones are released, with a high degree of likelyhood). It should include ALL of the known Star Wars books, not just the main novels (including the entire timeline, from the origins of the Sith in 130,000 BBY to post-New-Jedi-Order books), all of the comics and all the games.


So far I was unable to find an actual complete chronological list - the two best results I got was:




  • A list of works on Wookieepedia - it has a chronological list of novels (which seems to be a bit incomplete to me at first glance) but doesn't have comics/games included in the chronology even though it has a separate list of comics.





  • "Chronology of Star Wars" article on Wiki. While it's a great reference for general ttimeline, AND includes wonderful chronology of games (best I saw so far), the list of novels seems WAY too small of a subset (10 BBY to 40+ ABY only and I think some books are missing even from that period).




Is there a list that's better (more complete and actively maintained) somehwre I missed? Ideally something from Lucas Empire itself, or some other reputable SW-related source.


P.S. I'm fine if there are separate lists for books, comics and games, as long as each of them satisfies the requirement of being complete and likely to be kept that way as new ones come out.


NOTE: The purpose of the list is so I can try and read 100% of SW material in "correct" order. So lists that only include "major" books are unfortunately of no use, as are full chronology of events that don't cite the sources those events are mentioned in.



Answer



The link below takes you to an almost complete list (it does not include games).



http://www.swbooks.co.uk/timeline/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

languages - Do we ever see written English in the Star Wars films?

In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.

star wars - What "exactly" happens when someone turns to the Dark Side?

When I saw the original Star Wars saga as a kid, the concept of the Dark Side imprinted in me was quite simple. You did a bad thing, so you're a bad person so you go to the Dark Side and keep doing bad things. Now, obviously this doesn't hold true in reality. In my mind it is perfectly reasonable for Luke to kill the Emperor and Vader and then just flee the Death Star and rejoin the Alliance. After all they are at war, those are enemy officers that have captured him and are taunting him by threatening with death of all loved ones and the whole operation was intended to kill the Emperor anyway. The same would hold true for Anakin. He could have killed Mace Windu to save the Chancellor and Padme but that doesn't mean he's going to then go mad and kill all Jedis including children. It doesn't add up from a merely psychological point of view. He had a set of objectives and that made him want to keep the Chancellor alive (quite valid by the way, Mace Windu is quite clums...

Was the "pure soul" of Harry's what had really hurt Voldemort?

In the Order of the Phoenix, Voldemort possesses Harry, and it hurts. Greatly. I think that Dumbledore explained that it was because Voldemort's rotten soul was incapable of assimilating Harry's pure soul, that Voldemort didn't understand the love and friendship etc that Harry has in his heart. But, I think it was a lie. Remember that in Deathly Hallows, while looking for information regarding Horcruxes, it is discovered that it is in fact possible to merge a soul fragment back, but that the process was extremely painful. Now then, if Voldemort tried to possess Harry, and Harry had a fragment of Voldemort's soul, I think that it could have been the true cause of Voldemort's pain: the fact of having his soul so close of another fragment. I think that Dumbledore knew that fact, but had to lie to Harry because it was inappropriate to let him know that he had one of Voldemort's soul fragments at the moment. Is that right? Or was it truly the pure soul of Harry's...

star trek - Warning regarding forward saucer section in Nemesis?

In Star Trek: Nemesis , just before the Enterprise rams into the Scimitar, Picard sends a text message from his captain's chair arm pad to Troi — who is manning the helm in lieu of the crewman who was just blown out through what was once the view screen — indicating that she should put full impulse on standby. (Literally, if you watch the scene closely, Troi's console prefaces the order with "TXT MSG" !) My question is: Did Picard also somehow warn crew members in the forward saucer section about what was about to happen? The ramming of the Scimitar was a heat of the moment decision. Considering that he also resorted to calling the auto-destruct sequence shortly after (which ended up being offline), he probably was of the mindset that any losses would be acceptable in order to hault Shinzon's march to Earth. Still, I'm curious. Answer The original script indicates that he called for the crew to " brace for impact ". Whether that call (or the comma...