I am trying to find titles and author of 1950s era short stories about a family of hillbillies with supernatural powers. One family member was called Cousin Lemuel. This is categorically NOT Ray Bradbury's Elliot Family. These stories appeared in sci-fi pulp collections, possibly Amazing Stories, in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Any help greatly appreciated.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment