A malevolent computer with AI takes over a woman's house with the intent of hybrid computer/human procreation. The evil computer seals off the house with the woman in it and keeps her prisoner while it prepares. I read the tale sometime in the late 80's or the early 90's. It was one of many of my missing books that got yardsaled by my in-laws when I wasn't looking. It may also have been made into a movie, but I didn't see the film.
In Empire Strikes Back , we see a transcription of what R2's beeps and bloops mean, but it's not English (sorry for the low quality, it's from the 2004 DVDs): I'd assume it's what Basic looks like when written, but is there some point in the the Star Wars films we see written English instead? (This sort of spun off from a discussion in How do people understand astromech droids? .) Answer At one point there was English but it has been phased out in subsequent versions of the films. Chris Gould at DVD Active did a comparison of all versions of each of the Star Wars films, and in his comparison of Episode 4 , there are a couple of screenshots showing how the power gauge for the Death Star tractor beam was changed. I imagine there are probably more to be found in his other comparisons but I haven't got around to reading those yet.
Comments
Post a Comment